Thursday, April 28, 2011

Triptych

I started off looking around the school for some ideas. And then I thought that I wanted to do something that had lots of colour. This made me go take pictures in the art room. There was plenty of colourful objects and when I took a close up of them, it made it look even more interesting. I decided to take pictures of various objects, so I could choose from them later on.

TRIPTYCH 1: Stacks of Paper

These were the three original pictures I took of the paper.




Then I cropped each picture and arranged them and rotated one of the pictures to make it more interesting.


I adjusted the darkness/ brightness of the shadows and highlights to enhance the colours of the picture.


To finish it off, I put a crosshatch filter to make it look more artsy and have a hand drawn effect.


Triptych #2: Pencil Crayons
I took one original photo of the pencil crayons


I cropped different areas of the photo, to make three different ones.

Then I adjusted the brightness and contrast and applied an accented edges filter.


TRIPTYCH #3: Pencil crayons, Crayons, Chalk
The three original photos I took were that of pencil crayons, crayons, and chalk.



I cropped each photo to create a focal point that concentrated on something blue to unify the set of pictures.


I also adjusted the brightness and contrast and added a palette knife filter.

I was satisfied with all of the pictures. I thought they looked interesting with the adjustments and filters added on. It enhanced the artistic feel of the photos.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Geline. I like how clearly you explained your creative process. I think you have created some very pleasing Triptychs. The last one is my least favourite in that I feel the pencil crayon section does not match well with the crayon and chalk. Nicely done and well reported.

    ReplyDelete