Thursday, April 21, 2011

One World Living Together


The Guelph Multicultural Festival theme for this year was One World Living Together. I think this poster delivers this message well. Its simple and has lots of colour which attracts the eye. It represents all of the countries of the world and their flags. The puzzle part of this poster represents how we may all be from different places, but we all come together to make one beautiful world.

Process: At first, I took a world map and started to paste different maps of the world onto their appropriate locations. Sooner or later, I started to realize that I did not have enough time to do all of them and therefore decided to look on the internet that had the same idea.


I used the magic wand to eliminate the white background behind it so I was able to paint it dark blue. I also painted a lighter blue area around teh countries to mkae it look realistic. Next I put a puzzle overlay on the map.


I duplicated the puzzle layer to make it darker. Next, I merged these layers together. I also put a drop shadow and inner shadow on the layer to enhance the colours.

Lastly, I put the title in big white font so that it was in contrast with the blue background.

I was satisfied with the overall outcome because it delivers the message well. It is not too overcrowded or messy. It is just simple, clean, and easy to look at.

RUBRIC:

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Cute way of submitting the rubric.

    I like the concept behind the image, but is looks pretty pixalated. Do a test print and if it is too fuzzy then perhaps a filter on the map layer only, would disguise the problem.

    Use spell check, proof read, you'll see several silly errors noted on the rubric.

    ReplyDelete