Friday, May 20, 2011

PIG ART







THE CONCEPT: I wanted to create a unique picture. I had different ideas, and tried them all, but this idea with the rubix cube and pig seemed to work perfectly. I also decided to use a filter that made the overall picture look as if it were a cartoon so that it would look more cute and childlike.

THE TECHNIQUE:
First, I used the magic wand to delete the actual colours of the rubix cube. Then I coloured in the cube with the pink colour of the pig. I took the pig picture and used the magnetic lasso tool to cut the pig's head, legs, and tail. Then, I attached each of these onto the rubix cube to make it seem as if the cube was the pig's body. I used the angled strokes filter on the pig, to make it look like it was hand drawn. I then added the farm, clouds and sun. I painted over it so that when I put the filter on top, it would be more effective and have more texture. I used the ink outlines filter on top of the farm, clouds, and sun. Lastly, I created the sky by painting three layers of different blues and then added the graphic pen filter on top. I noticed that the different colours of blue turned out to be all the same blue when the filter was added, but decided to leave it the way it was. I was satisfied with the overall outcome of the pig art because it turned out exactly how I pictured it.

No comments:

Post a Comment